Wednesday, January 27, 2010

HAPPY


Several years back, Barbara Ann Kipfer wrote a book, called 14,000 things to be happy about. Basically, it was just a list of different things that are good in the world. For a while, it was like a bible to me. I would carry it around with me, and any time I felt like the world was a crappy place to be, I would open the book up, and read a few items, didn’t matter what page, didn’t matter what item – within a few lines, I was bound to hit upon something that would make me happy – or at least illicit a happy memory that would make me smile, and feel better about the world.


I have been feeling kind of crappy these past few days, so I thought that I would try again – see if the little book would again bring a smile to my face. Sure enough, it did. I decided to make my own list, things that when I think about them, make me feel happy. Kind of an update for the New Year – a 2010 14 things to be happy about - consider it the abbridged version :

1) Today, after 14 days of being buried under rubble – workers pulled a survivor out from underneath a building in Haiti



2) Bubble wrap turned 50 this week



3) “The Simpsons” still going strong!



4) A full tank of both oil and gas and a little money left in the bank



5) Mel Brooks’ Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety and Young Frankenstein



6) Getting an e-mail from an old friend



7) Fart machines



8) Gift Cards

9) Planning a party

10) Being pleasantly surprised by people’s actions

11) Finally realizing you are over someone

12) Getting to work 5 minutes early

13) Completed Book Reports



14) “Your order has shipped”



Well, I feel better now… … I hope a few of these things you can relate to.. and you’re smiling.

Have a great day! And remember – being happy pisses off miserable people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment